Terms and conditions
The following Terms and Conditions cover usage of this site.
- By accessing this Website, you confirm that you are eligible (for example, a person of at least 16 years) to use this Website and you agree to be bound by all of the following terms and conditions of use (the “Terms”). These Terms govern your access to the Website except where there are separate terms and conditions relevant to particular areas of this Website, which are indicated on the appropriate Website page. If you do not agree to abide by these Terms then you should not use the Website.
- For clarity, in these Terms, references to “we”, “us”, “our” and “ourselves” are references to Howes Models.
- Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this Website are directed solely at users who access this Website from the United Kingdom.
- All material on this Website including any advertising and/or promotional idents, images, text and/or audio is our property or has been licensed to us. All trade marks, names, logos and other intellectual property rights existing in this Website are also owned or licensed by us. You may use this Website for your personal information and you may make a copy of the pages of this Website but only for your personal non-commercial use, provided that you keep all copyright and other proprietary notices intact. Any modification, transmission, hiring, copying (other than for non-commercial personal use), reusing or otherwise using the content of this Website for public or commercial purposes is prohibited.
- Whilst we have worked diligently to provide accurate and complete information, we cannot be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise directly or indirectly from the use of this Website (or any inability to use it) or any of the information contained on this Website. This Website and the information and material which it contains are subject to change without notice. All warranties whether express or implied as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this Website or in respect of any materials or products referred to on this Website are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Links on this Website and may lead to third party websites. The content, accuracy and function of such websites is outside of our control and we cannot accept any responsibility for them and nor do we endorse the contents of such third party websites. In particular, any dealings that you have with such third party website operators shall be on the terms and conditions (if any) of that website operator.
PLEASE SEE OUR COVID-19 PAGE FOR UPDATES ON DESPATCH TIME AND DELIVERY.
All phone/internet/mail orders are processed Monday to Friday 0800 – 1400, normally with ‘same day’ despatch*. The courier only deliver Monday to Friday so courier orders despatched on Friday can be expected on the following Monday*.
Due to the complexity of charges relating to overseas orders we are unable to offer this service on internet placed orders. However, if you wish to place an order from overseas, please call or e-mail us with your requirements and we will be happy to quote the postage charges to you.
**Despatch time may be affected due to COVID Precautions. Please see COVID-19 page for more information.
Courier restricted UK postal codes
Certain UK postcodes are subject to premium charges by our courier for certain products. We may be able to find an alternative source of despatch, but should this prove difficult we will contact you to explain the situation.
The postcodes affected are;
AB, BT, IM, HS, IV, KA27, KA28, KW, PH, ZE, DD, JE, GY, Isle of Wight and PA20 and above.
If your postcode is not stated above and it is effected by extra costs from our courier we will contact you to discuss additional options/charges.
If you wish to order a product from outside the United Kingdom, please call us on 01865 848000 so we can explain the situation to do with international postage.
Aerosols and certain batteries may be unavailable to send to certain postcodes due to courier and Royal Mail restrictions. If we are unable to send your order we will contact you regarding this. Unfortunately these rules are out of our control and we may need to cancel your order if we cannot send your order.
Railmatch Paint ‘Free UK Mainland Shipping’ Special Offer
Certain UK postcodes are subject to premium charges by our courier and unfortunately do not qualify for our ‘Railmatch Free UK Mainland Shipping’ offer.
The postcodes affected are;
AB, BT, IM, HS, IV, KA27, KA28, KW, KY, PH, ZE, DD, JE, GY, Isle of Wight and PA20 and above.
If your postcode is not stated above and it is affected by extra costs from our courtier we will contact you to discuss additional options/charges.
Click and Collect
You are now able to Click and Collect online orders from our store. When placing a order, you will have the option to select ‘Click and Collect’ at the checkout. Once the order is placed and your order is picked, you will then receive a email notification that your order is ready to be collected. We aim to have orders ready for Click and Collect within 3 hours. If you do not receive an email in this time, please call us on 01865 848000 for more information. Our operating times are 09:00-16:00 Monday-Friday. We are currently closed at weekends.
Our Returns Policy can be viewed here.