We have put together a bundle for this Thames Lifeboat wooden boat kit. This is a very good starter kit and looks excellent once fully built and painted.
Our bundles include everything you need to make the boat radio controlled.
1 x Boat Kit
1 x Absima 2 Channel Radio Stick Set 2.4GHz
1 x Mtroniks TIO 15A Li-PO Safe Viper Marine ESC
1 x Micro Servo
1 x Overlander 1300MAH 7.4 Volt Li-PO Battery
1 x Powerpal Li-PO Mains Charger
1 x Motor to shaft coupling
1 x Micro Rudder
1 x 6 Inch M2 Shaft with Propeller
1 x MFA 360 Motor with Metal Mount
Both bundles are identical apart from Bundle 1 comes with a wheel type transmitter while Bundle 2 comes with a more traditional Stick type radio. Both have the same range and performance.
A traditional, wooden, quick-build lifeboat kit that’s ideal for beginners and newcomers to R/C model boating.
Modelled on the E-Class boat, which was designed specifically for operation on London’s bustling River Thames, this eye-catching model beautifully captures the spirit of the type. Combining both speed and manoeuvrability to cover the tidal reaches of the river, the E-Class was introduced in response to the recommendations of the 1989 Marchioness disaster enquiry.
The Wooden Model Boat Company prides itself on producing traditional model boat kits that build quickly and accurately into delightful semi-scale replicas, each as happy cruising on the lake as it is adorning the mantelpiece at home. Using precise laser-cut balsa and ply parts, coupled with a semi self-jigging / interlocking hull frame and easy to follow step-by-step instructions, success is practically guaranteed. Whether you plan to build this police boat for two-channel radio control or static display the process is very similar, as are the rewards.
- Accurate laser-cut balsa and ply components.
- 3D printed plastic scale accessories and crew.
- Interlocking self-jigging parts.
- Quick assembly with minimal parts count.
- Designed for two-channel radio control.
- Takes a basic 280-size brushed motor.
- Perfect for small ponds and lakes.
What’s in the Box
- 1x Laser-cut hull parts set.
- 1x Laser-cut deck, console and storage unit parts set.
- 1x Laser-cut stand parts set.
- 1x 3D printed plastic parts set (crew, stretcher, wheel etc.).
- 1x Deck magnet set.
- 1x Comprehensive instruction manual.
Needed to Complete
- 1x Suitable glues, paints and building materials.
Weights & Dimensions