The Tamiya CC-01 (Cross Country) chassis is a favorite vehicle amongst R/C enthusiasts.
Its easy to assemble and offers realistic cross country running. The list of body styles available has grown with the addition of the Unimog 425. The Unimog, of course, is a multi-purpose truck with unrivalled off-road performance and its name is an acronym which stands for the German description UNIversal-MOtor-Gerat.
The 425 variant was a heavier model that was produced in the 1970s and 1980s. It featured a 120hp engine and 2.81m wheelbase.
The Tamiya R/C replica faithfully captures all of the full size Unimog details down to the large snorkel and cap vent and large side view mirrors. The Unimog body is mounted on the capable CC-01 Cross Country chassis, which features independent front suspension and a rear 4-link rigid suspension set up for fun scale trail running enjoyment.
Specs and Features
- The body of the Unimog 425 is accurately depicted, with the angular lines of the cab and the hood sloping forwards down to the wide grille.
- Lower body parts are integrated with main body.
- Separate parts are included to depict snorkel and cap, plus emblem cap and side mirrors.
- Comes with metal-plated light cases and front Mercedes-Benz emblem.
- Kit contains four 5mm diameter LEDs to depict front and rear lights in the light cases.
- CC-01 chassis features a full-time 4WD system and front double wishbone, rear 4-link rigid suspension equipped with 4 CVA oil dampers.
- 540 motor and electronic speed controller included.
Required to complete:
1 x 2 Channel Radio
1 x Steering Servo
1 x 7.2v Ni-MH Battery
1 x Mains Charger
1 x Poly-carbonate Paint for shell