Mini 4WD Special Enlarged
This updated, re-released version of Tamiya’s legendary 1988 Avante buggy features the cool color scheme of the Mini 4WD Avante Black Special. It comes equipped with hybrid spike tires mounted on vivid fluorescent pink lightweight wheels to add to its eye-catching appearance.
Select Options Included
The shaft-driven 4WD chassis features carbon fiber upper/lower decks (2mm) and rear damper stay (3.5mm) which ensure superb strength. Front/rear ball differentials and center torque splitter help provide sure-footed traction. Racing steering set with 2mm thick carbon fiber plate offers linear steering response. 4-wheel double wishbone suspension with metal shafts and oil dampers allows a high degree of setting customization. Aluminum front knuckles feature the same shape as those on the original Avante and radius arm protector absorbs shocks to prevent damage to suspension arms. A total of 26 ball bearings contribute to the model’s smooth power.
Left: 2mm carbon fiber double deck chassis secures excellent performance for this off-road racer.
Right: Racing steering set features a 2mm thick carbon fiber plate as standard in this kit.
Left: 25T Type 540 motor features a dedicated sticker designed for the Avante (2011) Black Special.
Right: Vibrant fluorescent pink molded wheels add a splash of color to the overall look.
– Length: 420mm, Width: 240mm, Height: 140mm
– Wheelbase: 260mm
– Tread (F/R): 200mm
– Tire Width/Diameter: 32/88mm (Front), 40/88mm (Rear)
– 2mm Carbon Fiber Double Deck Frame
– Longitudinally-Mounted Motor, Shaft-Driven Full-Time 4WD
– F/R Ball Differentials & Center Torque Splitter
– 3-Piece Steering Tie-Rod with 2mm Carbon Fiber Steering Plate
– 4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension
– Oil Dampers with Metal Cylinders
– Gear Ratio = 8.33:1
– 25T Motor included
– Requires an Electronic Speed Controller (sold separately)
ELECTRIC KITS REQUIRE:
- Radio: 2-Channel with servo
- Battery: 6-cell flat with standard Tamiya connector
- Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for 6-cell battery
- Paint: Tamiya PS Polycarbonate spray paints
- Electronic speed control
We stock all parts needed to make this model RC. If you require help on this, please either email us or call us on 01865 848000 and we will be happy to help!