Typical of the boats in the PT-103 class, built for the U.S. Navy between 1942 and 1945, PT-109 is famed for having been commanded by future U.S. President John F. Kennedy. This famous patrol torpedo boat met its end in the Pacific Theatre after a collision with the Japanese Destroyer Amagiri in which Kennedy’s actions to help save his surviving crew earned him a Navy and Marine Corps Medal.
The Wooden Model Boat Company prides itself on producing traditional model boat kits that build quickly and accurately into delightful semi-scale replicas, each as happy cruising on the lake as it is adorning the mantelpiece at home. Using precise laser-cut balsa and ply parts, coupled with a semi self-jigging / interlocking hull frame and easy to follow step-by-step instructions, success is practically guaranteed. Whether you plan to build the PT-109 for two-channel radio control or static display the process is very similar, as are the rewards.
- Accurate laser-cut balsa and ply components.
- Numerous 3D printed plastic parts.
- Interlocking self-jigging parts.
- Quick assembly with minimal parts count.
- Designed for two-channel radio control.
- Takes a basic 280-size brushed motor.
- 410mm long.
- Perfect for small ponds and lakes.
What’s in the Box
- 1x Laser-cut hull parts set.
- 1x Laser-cut deck and cabin parts set.
- 1x Laser-cut stand parts set.
- 1x Perspex window sheet.
- 1x 3D printed plastic parts set (torpedo tubes, life raft etc.).
- 1x Deck magnet set.
- 1x Comprehensive instruction manual.
Needed to Complete
- 1x 280-size brushed motor.
- 1x 15A marine ESC.
- 1x Mini or micro servo.
- 1x 2-channel 2.4GHz transmitter and receiver combo.
- 1x 150 x 2mm threaded propeller shaft.
- 1x 33 x 22mm brass rudder.
- 1x 25mm x M2 brass propeller.
- 1x 7.3V 1100mAh LiPo battery & suitable charger.
- 1x Suitable glues, paints and building materials.