The ship was built in a construction period of four years in Hamburg and put on the service at 14 February 1939. The engines of total 138,000 HP gave a maximum speed of 38.8 knots (about 70 km/h) to the ship.
The model was designed after yardplans, on a scale 1:200. Since the kit contains the finished plastic hull , the construction period is substantially shortened. The three propellers can be driven by three electric motors or by one electric motor with a transmission.The hull dimensions do permit the installation of multi-channel remote control.
plastic hull, fittings from wood and plastic
decks from wood
several plastic parts
Detailed manual with building scheme in German, English, French, Spanish and Italian, plastic hull, additional plan for completion of the plastic hull, deck, rudder, wood and cardboard sections, propellers with shafts and tubes.
Portholes, anchors, anchor cables, headlights, flag-pole, hawse pipes, anchor capstans, life-boats, traffic boats, anti-aircraft artillery, triple turrets, double gun-carriage, torpedo pipes, rangefinder, Arado 196, masts (brass tubes, steel-wire), railings, cranes, etc..
Length: 1255 mm
Width: 180 mm